Finding center, a hard thing to do when life gets busy and out of control. Things haven't really been all that stressful in my life as of late but when they are I know I can always get on my bike and suddenly things get a whole lot better. The last few weeks have been spent more in bed coughing, puking or sleeping then on the bike and that has caused a bit of stress. The first two races of the cyclocross season were this past weekend and like I said before I spent maybe two or three hours on the bike over the past two weeks, so I was not looking forward to them. I was able to limp my way through the first race, I was feeling better but hard efforts were just not in the cards. I pushed as much as I could, the legs just didn't want to react the way they usually do. Like I said though, I got through it and not a whole lot worse off. Sundays race was much better, although I was a bit unsure of that after Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised when I started the race my legs had somehow come around. My lungs had even decided to show up to the race, LOL. The course suited my style of riding and things worked out pretty much the way I wanted. I came in second, which was good, not a win but much better than I had expected.
I have stayed off the bike since Sunday due to more coughing and sneezing etc. I got back on today and as I sat here tonight I realized just how much riding my bike does me good and helps me to stay calm, find my center. There is really no other time like when I am out on my bike, I am able to get out there, think about nothing or everything, whatever suits me. When I get done I feel better physically and mentally. I realize again how thankful I am to be able to ride my bike and enjoy it so much and have great friends because of it. I only hope there is never a day where riding my bike doesn't do all of these things for me.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Finding Center
Posted by Wendy at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment