CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gave the road bike a day off...


Today I hung up my road shoes and traded them in for my mountain bike shoes. I vary rarely get out on a mountain bike (I don't have one yet) so todays ride was a fun one. My mom told me yesterday that her and her friend Terry were planning on a horseback ride for today and wanted to know if I would want to go with. My first thought was sure, I will just use my cross bike and go out with them....then I remebered that I have road tires on my cross bike and don't even have my cross tires anymore (I need new ones). No need to panic though, my best friend Jenni and her husband Mike own Vertical Earth, the local bike shop here in Coeur d' Alene, I would just rent a mountain bike from them and head out. I ended up getting one of the demo bikes they have and out I went. We went out to 4th of July pass and rode around the trails out there. I have been out there only one other time and that was this winter when we all went snow shoeing. It was a lot of fun to be out there in the hot weather and enjoy the beauty of the area. All in all I probably didn't put many miles in but I was out there for a total of over two hours. We stayed on the main forest service road for the most part but while I was waiting for my mom and Terry I would take off on some of the 'lesser traveled' trails and enjoyed a bit of mountain biking:) Like I said before I don't get out on a mountain bike that often but when I do I sure enjoy it. I will have to get one sometime soon. Here are a few pictures of todays ride....


The view from the top, hard to see but there was still a bit of snow on top of these mountains.

My mom on the right, and her friend Terry, taking a beverage break.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I am very pround of you!