CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ironman Weekend









Here are a few pictures from this weekends Ironman.




This is the pro start, bright and early at 6:25am. The water was a little cold (59.5) but MUCH warmer then it has been the past week. One week ago the temp. was around 52. Many of the athletes that I talked to said it wasn't too bad, cold but not as bad as earlier in the week. Other than the water being a little cold the weather was about as perfect as could be. By the afternoon the temp was mid 70's with a little cloud cover. I was down for the start and then headed out onto the bike course to work SAG at one of the aid stations. SAG is basically someone to take bikes and or athletes back to the start if they crash and are out of the race or no longer want to continue. I didn't have anyone take themselves out of the race, but did have a few bikes to take back to transition because of crashes.
After I was done at the aid station I got some lunch and then went downtown to watch the finish. Its alwasy inspiring to sit downtown and watch everyone finish, seeing the joy on their faces and their families there cheering them on is great. Around 8 o'clock I headed down to the massage tent where I would be working for the next 4 hours. For the past 3 years I have been down there working on the athletes once they finish. Its always fun to be there and talk with them right after they finish, I don't know how much I am really able to help them in the few minutes I work on them but they enjoy us being there and its great to hear the story of their day.














The beach start of everyone else. 2200 people getting in the water at the same time is amazing to watch!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never asked you what type of bike do you have?

Sue said...

Great day had by all. We had a blast...Great pics, can I have one of the start?