So I figured I would go ahead and start a blog here. I have one on Myspace but after seeing that a few of my friends have joined this page I figured....Why not? Since not that many of my friends have a myspace account and therefore can't view my blog on there I thought this would be a better way for my friends and family to keep up with whats going on in my life (which to be totally honest isn't much )
I am looking forward to this weekend, it is Ironman weekend here in Coeur D' Alene, ID. I will be down there for the start bright and early, its so amazing to watch all of the athletes get in to the water and start their journey to becoming Ironmen. After the start I will head out to the bike course and work as a SAG volunteer picking up any cyclists who choose to withdrawl from the race. Hopefully I won't have many athletes to pick up. I will be taking pictures and will post them here once I get a chance. After I am done out on the bike course I will be in the massage tent working on the athletes once they finish. This in my opinion is one of the greatest places to volunteer. They are so happy to finish and so grateful that we are there to work on them it truly is an inspiration.

I am looking forward to this weekend, it is Ironman weekend here in Coeur D' Alene, ID. I will be down there for the start bright and early, its so amazing to watch all of the athletes get in to the water and start their journey to becoming Ironmen. After the start I will head out to the bike course and work as a SAG volunteer picking up any cyclists who choose to withdrawl from the race. Hopefully I won't have many athletes to pick up. I will be taking pictures and will post them here once I get a chance. After I am done out on the bike course I will be in the massage tent working on the athletes once they finish. This in my opinion is one of the greatest places to volunteer. They are so happy to finish and so grateful that we are there to work on them it truly is an inspiration.


4 comments:
Goodluck this weekend; how long is the bike section. I plan on spending a couple hours on the bike this three day weekend. Love you
PS I think I'm going to get an Apollo road bike, it's an entry level bike out of Australia.
Wow, you are busy this weekend!! We have been having a blast...met Michael Lovato and he signed my hat..I think I am pretty important at the moment. Will see you I am sure on race day all around. Enjoy..
The bike is 112 miles. One of these days I will do it but not just yet. Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned. I haven't heard of Apollo bikes but I'm sure it will fit what you need. Start out basic and then work up!
Post a Comment