CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hangover Handicap and Polar Bear Plunge

Happy New Year!
Like most people I went out last night, well over to a friends house anyway. I didn't really drink much but was more there to have a good time and hang out with friends. The main reason I didn't want to drink was because I had already told a few friends that I would brave the cold and wake up early and do what is called the Hangover Handicap-a five mile run in CDA. It was a great way to ring in the new year! A few of my friends were running it so it was great to see them out there. I, as I have said before am NOT a runner and do not run very fast. One of my friends was going to walk/jog so I figured if nothing else I would just run with her. It worked out just fine and we jogged along at a fairly slow but fun pace. It was nice not to feel like I had to 'race' it, throwing snowballs and just talking with everyone was fun. Here is the one and only picture I took out there. It was a bit hard to run (even at a slow pace) and take pictures.







2009 Polar Bear Plunge Coeur d' Alene, Id


After the run I headed down to the lake to watch the crazy people that thought it would be a good idea to start the year off with a dip in the lake. And people tell me I am crazy for riding my bike as much as I do-HA this is in my mind way more crazy:)!





1 comments:

Sue said...

Great pics of the day...love the new look of your blog...and great writing...hope you have a grand new year...2009 will rock...