Today was supposed to be the first day of winter quarter, last night however the Spokane County Sheriff issued a 'strong suggestion' to close all schools in Spokane County. He cited sidewalks and roofs being unsafe for children to navigate for his reason. Now the schools didn't have to heed his warning/suggestion but most if not all did. So, SFCC closed its doors and said we will try again tomorrow. I for one feel it a bit unnecessary to close the college unless of course they feel our roof may collapse:) I would have much rather gone in and started the quarter. We get so far behind when we miss class and end up having LONG days of lecture in order to make up for it. It was much easier when I was a kid to go in an extra day to make up for the snow day but when in college they don't do that, just pile on the homework and lecture sessions. OH WELL!
Instead of blogging about my first day of school I will show you pictures of my last day of Christmas Break. I went snowshoeing with a bunch of friends and had a great time. Minus the moments I thought we must be climbing a million little stairs! We climbed and climbed and then climbed some more but it was so cool when we got to the top. Plus after a workout like that I LOVE the feeling of burn in the legs-makes me feel good about what I just did!
Enjoy the pictures. We were up on 4th of July Pass on a beautiful day, the sun was out and we were having a great time! I am so blessed to live in this area and have such great friends!
Monday, January 5, 2009
First day of school will have to wait.....
Posted by Wendy at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment