Today, I took off for my ride with nothing in particular in mind other then the fact that I was going to take it a bit easy today. This Saturday is the Coeur d' Alene Triathlon which I will be doing as a team so once again I drug my body out over the course which I have (and I'm not kidding when I say this) rode to death!!! I could, along with the others I ride with, ride this course in my sleep. I will be SO HAPPY once it is over and I don't have to ride this course until next year. And honestly, I probably won't ride it until then.

After taking the first picture I started to think about how I really am blessed. I may not much in the way of money, or 'things', but I have the ability to do the things I love like ride my bike, I have the best friends and family a person could ask for, and I live in a great part of the country. Who can say that they can walk out the door and be surrounded by this!? Not too many.

I got to thinking however while I was out there that although I have rode it so many times, I have never taken any pictures. The course runs along the lake and is truly a beautiful ride. With the excuse that today's plan called for me to ride the course 'easy' I stopped a few times and took a quick picture.
After taking the first picture I started to think about how I really am blessed. I may not much in the way of money, or 'things', but I have the ability to do the things I love like ride my bike, I have the best friends and family a person could ask for, and I live in a great part of the country. Who can say that they can walk out the door and be surrounded by this!? Not too many.
Riding my bike has opened so many doors for me. I have met my best friend and her wonderful family through riding, not to mention MANY other great friends who share my passion for the sport. I have become in even better shape then before, and have become I believe a better person. Granted there are days that I feel like crap on my bike but the days like today far make up for the occasional 'bad day'. Even a 'bad day' on the bike is not really all that bad. Today's ride on a course that just the thought of riding this morning about made me sick:), was actually one of the best and most rewarding I have had in awhile. The easy pace of the day allowed for some time to reflect on how lucky I really am. The sun was out, along with many of my fellow cyclists and there was hardly a cloud in the sky, IF ONLY EVERYDAY COULD BE LIKE THIS!!!!!


1 comments:
It's amazing how God just has to open your eyes for you to show you how lucky we are - in the form of an "easy" day that gives you the opportunity to take in all His beauty... true dat, sista :)
Post a Comment