CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CDA TRI

Sharon and I before the race...ready to go.



A little post race goofing around.


More post race goofing around.


The whole gang, we had a great showing of CDA Tri Club members.



The pre race warm up, in the rain, causing a bit of a blurry picture.

This past weekend was the Coeur d' Alene Triathlon and Duathlon. I did the du with a friend of mine from school and we had a great showing, winning our age group by 25 minutes:) The day started out a bit on the rainy side as you can see in the picture above. The rain came down for a few minutes during our warm up ride, and while all the swimmers were out in the water. The thought came into my head that I would have to be pretty careful in the opening miles of the race due to the wet road. Things turned out well and the roads dried out fairly quickly. Sharon put in a great first run and got me out on the bike in a good position. I had an okay ride, staying within the time limit I set for myself. Looking back, as always I wonder if I could have done better. Then Sharon took of on her second run and putting us in the lead.

The rest of our Tri Club had a great showing as well. Mike and Jenni won their team age groups as well, Teresa and her team came in second and many others that ran the whole race did well.

I've said it before but will say it again, I am truly blessed to have such great friends and live in a beautiful area. Every race I do I am reminded of how great this area is. We all had a great time after the race and during:)

1 comments:

Sue said...

It is a pleasure to be around you...always a smile...hum I am thinking about getting on a bike...now that could be scarry...