Today marked the last day of the fall quarter. To say this week was crazy would be an understatement. This quarter of classes for some reason was a killer and finals week proved to live up to the rest of the quarter. 3 days, 6 tests. All I can say is holy crap! But yet here I sit, Friday night and I have made it through, not without a few missed heartbeats though. Monday was a regular day, classes and one final lecture. Tuesday started the finals, it was pretty good though, I had my Ther Ex class and had both the written and lab practical to take. I feel pretty good in this class due to its orthopedic nature and instructor-she has made it by far the most fun class we have had yet! It helps though that I have a background in the ortho setting:) The lab went well, I missed 1 and a half points, DANG, Almost a 100%! Then a bit of a break, if you want to call it that. I had a few hours before the written so I headed up to meet some classmates and we spent the time studying the material. Once I was done with that test I went home, a bit drained. The good part was that Wednesday I didn't have a test so I didn't HAVE to study that night. I tried a bit but it just didn't work out.
Wednesday though I woke up and headed out to the library to get in some study time. I spent a good part of 3 hours there and felt pretty good. Thursday would bring my pediatric lab and written. I was trying to over prepare for this one so to speak due to a history I have with my instructor-I won't go into that here because this would turn into a huge post. Lets just say if I'm not perfect in this class its not good enough. I went into Thursday a bit stressed but feeling pretty good. Well, that's not how I left the lab. I passed but not with the score I wanted or my instructor wanted. Then on to the written, that one went really well I ended up with a 94%.
As if that wasn't enough for the day we had one more 'test' that afternoon, all be it not really a test. We just had to get up and present a SOAP note on a patient we had seen in our recent clinical rotation. After that day I have to admit I was completely toast. I came home and just couldn't get in to study mode. I waited a bit and had some dinner and then hit the books one more time.
Today was my orthopedic final, which I felt pretty good about. I went in early today and got together with some of my classmates. When I filled in my final answer on that test this morning it felt a bit like a 100 pound weight was lifted off of my shoulders. This week was crazy but it is now over and I can enjoy a bit of a break-3 weeks actually. So now I feel like I can relax, get back on the bike, and re focus again. I welcome the break, it will be good. After this I have two more quarters and that's it!
Friday, December 12, 2008
DONE, For now.
Posted by Wendy at 11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment