CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I went down to the Tri-Cities for my aunts birthday party, but found out some of my friends were also down there for the Titanium Man Triathlon. Lucky me, I get a weekend of watching a race and spending time with my family. The Coeur d' Alene Tri Club had a strong showing with 5 members running the race, then Mike and me riding around on the course to watch and take pictures. Mike's son, Taylor, 3rd from the right, did very well. I think he won his age division but haven't checked the results yet. I had to leave before results were posted but from what we could tell he won his division.

This weekend also marked my first few rides on my cross bike....that was a bit of a slap in the face. As I rode along the tri course with Mike I quickly realized the increased rolling resistance of the cross tires versus road tires. I can usually hold on to his wheel fairly easily, this ride that was not the case. I had to work a bit harder to stay within even a few bike lengths. Oh well, it was fun, nice to be back on that bike as well. I am looking forward to cross season for sure!



Me, waiting for those we knew to come through this section of the bike course. This gas station was about 8 miles into the course, which was surprisingly hilly!



A quick shot of the bikes resting next to the gas station sign.

My cousin Jared and his wife Jennie at my aunt's birthday party.


My cousin Nicole, Aunt Ginger, and Uncle Tony.


My cousin Nicole's new cat, Tyson. Why is it when you're allergic they can't seem to leave you alone:) He was so cute though I couldn't resist having him snuggle with me.


My mom was trying to take a picture of me, well just had to make a face at her:)

1 comments:

Sue said...

Great pics...sounds like it was a fun weekend...We went up the CDA River for my Best Friend Dawn's
50th b-day celebration...lots of fun, fun, fun... bikes, fishing, motorbikes, walks, hikes, eating, dancing, singing...life is good...