CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Been awhile

Racing in the Wenatchee Crit

Century Ride on the Rails to Trails with friends.


Time for some beverage after Tour of the Swan River Valley



Beautiful scenery during TOSRV
Its been awhile since my last post, things have become increasingly busy. Here I thought with the start of my long term clinicals I would have more time to do things. Boy was I wrong. Most of it has to do with the onset of summer which of course means BIKE RACING :) Most of my time has been spent riding, training and racing and little time has been spent doing things like updating my blog. So here it is, a quick recap of the past few months.
Many rides have been taken but here are some pictures of the most memorable. The season started out in Walla Walla which was fun until a nasty crash in the crit took me out for the rest of the weekend. A badly cracked helmet, some good road rash and a few bruised or slightly cracked ribs were the damage. Nothing too bad though, just some uncomfortable nights of sleeping and moving around but then back to normal.
Wenatchee was the next race, good times I guess, that is if you like to climb when its hot outside. Overall I was happy with the weekend, I did better then last year and made it through without any more crashing.
Tour of the Swan River Valley was my latest ride-110 miles Saturday and then 110 miles Sunday through beautiful Montana with great friends made for a fun weekend. It was a great experience and my first ride of that length. It was one of my goals this year to ride a century, well guess I got that one covered, on to the next :)
This week marks the last week in my clinical rotation and of school. The time has come for me to graduate and step out in to the real world-whoohoo. Guess we will see if I am ready-hope so.



0 comments: